Conferences & Meetings
As a conference venue, we go the extra mile to help ensure that your day runs smoothly.
With Fairfield House conferences, the comment we often receive is:
'Wow what an amazing venue for a conference!
We're definitely coming back here next year!'
Why choose Fairfield House as a conference venue?
Forgotten your whiteboard pens? Need to set up the day before? Need a courier traced whilst you deliver your talk?
Relax, you will receive friendly and helpful practical support from our staff.
Delegates and Organisers love Fairfield because:
- The French doors of both the Ballroom and the Gallery open directly onto the verandas, courtyard and the gardens
- The natural light in the rooms along with the high ceilings, and the historical features create a relaxed ambience
- There are break out rooms or extra spaces to choose from, such as the Meeting Room, or Courtyard. There is space to stretch your legs at lunchtime. You're free to wander amongst the seven acres of beautiful grounds or to climb to the top of the historic Observatory Tower to gain a bird's eye view over the of Nelson
- It is 10 mins walk to Nelson's CBD
- Our comprehensive facility resources
- The kitchen is available for self catering or your catering needs can be arranged for you by the Fairfield staff
See our frequently asked questions.
Contact us to find out more
"DOC has used Fairfield House a number of times for meetings, training and functions. It has great spaces (both indoor and out), great rates, and an awesome kitchen. Fairfield House is a Nelson heritage icon. The house is in a lovely setting with lawn space above the house that is perfect for Christmas party games, a paved area for outdoor dining, a front verandah for people to relax on at lunchtimes and spacious grounds for a stroll. We would like to thank Catherine for the wonderful service she always provides."
Kath Inwood, DOC Nelson
We have a great variety of spaces available, both indoor and outdoor. The diversity of the spaces we can offer you, means you can tailor your event to completely suit your own taste and needs. The spaces lend themselves to whatever is your style: formal or casual.